How One Ophthalmic Device Can
Improve Outcomes and Streamline Patient Flow
Watch Dr. Larry Berstein explain how the UBM Plus® improved his ophthalmic practice:
Why You Need a UBM for Your Practice
Click the videos below to learn the specifics of how a UBM can improve your practice
About the UBM Plus®
Accutome revolutionized the world of ultrasound imaging with the launch of the UBM Plus®. We proudly introduce the new portable, high definition UBM Plus®.
The state-of-the-art probe plugs into a laptop or PC. The anterior segment images are recorded in an adjustable video loop and easily transfer to EMR. Upgradeable software protects your investment.
Key Features of the UBM Plus®
- High definition imaging: Detailed structure definition including cornea, iris, ciliary body, zonules, crystalline lens and intraocular lens as well as pathologies.
- State-of-the-art probe design: Sharper, more focused images due to the elimination of signal loss.
- Unsurpassed data analysis: Contains measuring tools. Useful for measuring sulcus-to-sulcus, anterior chamber depth, positioning of intraocular lenses and filtration angle of the eye.
- Portable: Plug probe into any laptop or PC and go.
- Never miss an image: Unlimited adjustable video loops.
- Share information easily: Adaptable document transfer via EMR, email or printer.
- Protect your investment: Easily upgrade software.
- Master in minutes: User-friendly interface makes user manuals and quick start guides unnecessary.
Clinical Applications of the UBM Plus®
- Glaucoma/narrow angle patients
- Ciliary body imaging
- ICL placement
- Dislocated IOLs
- Cyclo dialysis
- Sulcus-to-sulcus measurements
- Ciliary/iris cysts
The UBM Plus® Is DICOM℠ Compatible
The DICOM℠ (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) is the standard for communication of medical imaging devices, by specifying a protocol for network communications, media communications, file formats and other information.
- Export and store to your DICOM℠ server or PACS/ image management system
- Verification of connection to other Application Entities (AEs)
- DICOM℠ exporting capacity
- One license one location - No need for multiple license purchases.
- Easy installation - No need to send unit in for upgrade - Can be completed remotely
- Easy activation - Minimal information needed to activate exporting capabilities
- 100% product support via Accutome home office
Designed for Immersion and Use with ClearScan®
ClearScan® – developed by Dr. Tom Prager – is an innovative single use ultrasound probe cover which eliminates the difficulties and problems of the shell and gel system. The ClearScan® consists of an extremely thin film that is acoustically invisible, resulting in the same distortion free ultrasound image as with the shell/gel technique, but without the discomfort. ClearScan® also has the ability to scan 10mm posterior from the limbus.
Open Shell Challenges
- Patient must be in reclined position
- Cannot be used on the eye directly after surgery
- Requires BSS/distilled water to be used in shell
- Shell must be inserted onto patient eye causing discomfort
- Sterile probe cover can help to reduce the risk of patient to patient transfer of infection
- Internal bag pressure can be easily reduced for eyes with low IOP
- Examine delicate structures following recent surgery
- Examine young children
- Simple exam setup, approximately 30 seconds